Monday, December 21, 2009

Just another knitted object in the bathroom mirror



There are probably 72 billion photos on the web of someone aiming a camera at a bathroom mirror while modeling a newly-knit item. We all try to be nonchalant about it, but it still strikes me as funny.

I finished a small shawl, blocked it, and will wrap it tonight. It's going to a good friend, one who is impossible to buy a gift for, and I hope she will enjoy it. The pattern is Storm Cloud Shawlette, available free here, and is one of my favorites. The pattern is so simple, but a great way to use a couple hundred yards of very very nice yarn, and this yarn is fabulous. It's Alchemy's Synchronicity in Foxglove, 50% merino and 50% silk. It's light and warm and silky, can be scrunched up into a scarf or draped like a shawl. Mmmmmm. I have more yarn and am tempted to make myself one, but it's not a good color for me. But I have dye....

No comments:

Post a Comment