Thursday, June 30, 2011

Celebrating

I've been awake since 3 am, made coffee at 3:45. Today marks a major transition for me, as I leave a career of nearly 35 years in education. I've been so fortunate to work with wonderful people and the seven-minute commute wasn't bad either! But it's time for a change, and I am sad and very excited, all at the same time.

We had a lovely tea party yesterday, attended by some of the people I work with. It was so nice, with a few tears and speeches, and lots of good food. Stuart and Mel were able to come, which meant a lot to me. Carol read her speech, which started the tears.


It wasn't an easy room for wide-angle photos, but we got a few.



I've spent a lot of hours in that conference room, but this was definitely a special time.

Now it's time for the final office clean-out, and I'll turn in my keys and parking pass. I think I'll go for a bike ride first!

No comments:

Post a Comment